1998 FORD RANGER 98 FORD RANGER RUNNING RICH?

• ATAPIA2002
  • 1998 Ford Ranger

1998 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 300000 miles

I AM HAVING A PROBLEM WITH MY 98 RANGER IT HAS BEEN AT A WELL KNOWN AND RESPECTED SHOP AND THEY HAVE YET TO FIGURE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS, it runs rich and throws out black smoke, repairs and diagnostics that have been done include, replaced map sensor with two known good ones actually new but tried it twice just in case, 02 sensors are switching correctly and with correct voltage, cam sensor is with in range and working properly, injectors are fine leakdown test and removal of injectors have confirmed that they all work, smoke machine has been hooked up and no vaccuum leaks detected, compression is fine on all cylinders, simutech has been ran on this machine and all is fine, ecu has been reflashed and has also been swapped with known good ECU, fuel pressure regulator is fine with correct fuel pressure new fuel filter air filter has been installed all this with no success and no answers as to what it may be yet any help would greatly be appreciated this has been a project and it is one of those things that has become personal and we must find the problem as I do enjoy a challenge hopefully we have some knowlegable techs out there. Thank u in advance.

BTW it is a 3.0 ltr engine non 4wd auto tranny not flexfuel

Optional Information:
Year: 1998
Make: Ford
Model: ranger
Engine: 3.0ltr

Already Tried:
98 FORD RANGER RUNNING RICH?

ALSO TIMING CHAIN HAS BEEN REPLACED AND VERIFIED THAT TIMING MARKS LINE UP I NOTICED THAT WHEN I TURN FROM A STOP ETC. IT RUNS BAD THROWING OUT BLACK SMOKE

Thursday, August 27th, 2009 AT 11:14 PM