OXYGEN SENSOR

1996 Ford Ranger

PJordan_DCronk

May, 30, 2010 AT 9:55 PM

1996 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 110, 00 miles

last year I replaced the clutch for my daughter.
In the process I managed to pinch the wire harness going to the oxygen sensor between the block and the bell housing. I discovered what I did after the transmission was allready bolted up. I was'nt about to unbolt the transmission being it took me 4 stabs just to get every thing to line up. What I did was to cut the wire harness on one side of the bell housing and again on the other side leaving aprox 1 ft of wire harness inside the bell housing.
Here is my problem. One one there are 4 wires in the harness that were cut. On the other side there where only three inside the harness.
The wires coming off the oxygen sensor are gray, white and white. The wires on the other side of the severed harness are gray, orange, red white, and green black. How do I join this back together?

mhpautos

May, 31, 2010 AT 1:46 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for the donation.

This is the wiring diagram i come up with for you car, please check the wire code against this.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61395_Capture_10.jpg

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast