FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT

1994 Ford Ranger

RLR4X4

August, 10, 2009 AT 9:05 PM

1994 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 45,000 miles

I AM CHANGING A FUEL FILTER ON MY FORD RANGER, IS THERE ANYTHING SPECIAL I NEED TO DO, OR DO I JUST REMOVE THE CLIPS FROM THE LINE AND REPLACE THE FILTER.

bluelightnin6

August, 10, 2009 AT 10:01 PM

Clean all dirt and/or grease from the fuel filter fittings. &Quot; Quick Connect'' fittings are used on models equipped with a pressurized fuel system. These fittings must be disconnected using the proper procedure or the fittings may be damaged. The fuel filter uses a " hairpin'' clip retainer. Spread the two hairpin clip legs about 1 / 8 in. (3mm) each to disengage it from the fitting, then pull the clip outward. Use finger pressure only; do not use any tools. Push the quick connect fittings onto the filter ends. Ford recommends that the retaining clips be replaced whenever removed. The fuel tubes used on these fuel systems are manufactured in 5 / 16 in. And 3 / 8 in. Diameters. Each fuel tube takes a different size hairpin clip, so keep this in mind when purchasing new clips. A click will be heard when the hairpin clip snaps into its proper position. Pull on the lines with moderate pressure to ensure proper connection. Start the engine and check for fuel leaks. If the inertia switch (reset switch) was disconnected to relieve the fuel system pressure, cycle the ignition switch from the OFF to ON position several times to re-charge the fuel system before attempting to start the engine.

RLR4X4

August, 10, 2009 AT 10:37 PM

WHERE IS THE INTERNIA SWITCH LOCATED ON A RANGER TO RELIEVE THE PRESSURE FOR THE FUEL FILTER

bluelightnin6

August, 10, 2009 AT 10:41 PM

Behind right side of dash, below glove compartment.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement