94 CODES: 327, 336;

1994 Ford Ranger

chu206

Computer problem
1994 Ford Ranger 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 104243 miles

I have been having this problem for quite a while. Whenever I slow down to turn or come to a stop, the engine idles really rough and the battery voltage sharply decreases. The roughness varies and sometimes it doesn't do it at all. Today, however, my truck died. It started up fine, but I was able to retrieve codes: 327, 336. Also, my truck as had a problem of surging or lurching forward (like it is getting bursts of gas or something) when I hit 35mph. Before or after that speed it runs fine.

One mechanic I took my truck to acknowledged the sporadic problems, but said that the computer wasn't detecting it. I think it finally detected it today by producing those codes and was wanting to find out some possible ways to fix the rough idle and " lurching" problems myself.

I'm a college student and this is my only vehicle for work and school. I really want to get it fixed.
-Thanks

Vacuum Leak Test and Repair - All Cars
Cylinder Head Valve Job Guide
Fuel Injector Replacement Ford 5.4L V8