1994 Ford Ranger 1994 Ranger 4.0L No Start/No Spark

• 1994 FORD RANGER

1994 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual 143, 00 miles

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 4.0L that will not start. No prior symptoms have been present. I have verified fuel pressure @ 48psi and no spark is present. I also performed an output test at the CKP sensor and found it to be 1.3v ac during cranking. I performed an ohms continuity test on the CKP circuit and found no peculiarairties present. I have power present at the coil pack when in the run position of ignition switch. I then went and replaced the ICM and still no spark! One thin I do note is that the MIL light does not illuminate at the instruement cluster and I am unable perform either KOEO or KOER tests. Any solutions and or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 10:00 PM

You can still perform the KOEO AND THE KOER Tests.

Getting the obd1 codes need a couple of tools: a 4 inch long gage 16 jumper wire and a 12 volt test light. Both tools are hooked up to the diagnostic connector and when the ignition key is turned on (without starting engine) the codes will begin to flash in the test light, not in the dash panel. If there is no code, you will normally get code 11 or 111. On Fords, there are 2 test modes, the KOEO (key on engine off) and the KOER (key on engine running). Both test modes should be used to get the accurate evaluation of the stored fault codes.

Saturday, July 5th, 2008 AT 10:28 PM