1993 FORD RANGER TURN SIGNAL PROBLEM

• hiloguy
  • 1993 Ford Ranger

1993 Ford Ranger 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 89000 miles

Hi, my front left turn signal will not go on at all. When I put on my left turn signal, the rear will light up but not flash. The front does not go on at all, and the right side turn signals work fine. I am wondering what when wrong and what I need to do to fix this. PLMK Thanks

Thursday, March 25th, 2010 AT 9:43 PM

• caradiodoc

Did you check the left front bulb? It takes all the bulbs working to draw enough current through the flasher to make it work. With only one bulb working, the heating element in the flasher won't get hot enough to click off. That's why the rear bulb stays on.

If a new bulb doesn't solve the problem, it is time to check the wiring.

Thursday, March 25th, 2010 AT 10:06 PM
  • hiloguy

I was wondering how I would go about replacing the bulb. I've looked at the lens and didn't see any screws or ways of removing it. I looked under the hood and saw some screws and a wire that was connected to the light but I am not sure which light it is connected to. How would I go about removing the lens to get to the bulb?

Friday, March 26th, 2010 AT 9:35 PM
  • caradiodoc

Follow the wires to the socket, grab that socket, and turn it counter-clockwise about 1/8 turn, then wiggle it while pulling it out of the rear of the housing. When it comes out, carefully push the bulb into the socket a little while turning it counter-clockwise as you're looking at the bulb. If it's rusted into the socket, you'll have to work it loose while turning it. In rare cases the bulb can break so don't use too much pressure.

Saturday, March 27th, 2010 AT 2:45 AM