1992 Ford Ranger fuel

LOLLYGAGGERJOE
  • 1992 FORD RANGER
I was driven my truck and it started a little miss than it got worse than it got 2 where it wouldnt run it just kep diein now. I think its the fuel filter but if u know what it is id like 2 know and the location of the filter
Saturday, November 15th, 2008 AT 8:12 AM

RENAUDTN
To find your filter, just start at the gas tank and follow the fuel line toward your engine. I believe your filter is on the frame rail.
If you never replace your fuel filter before, go ahead and do it; it might fix your problem. It's an easy job (and a cheap one), and even if it doesn't fix your problem it needs to be replaced anyway.
To confirm a problem with your fuel system, do a fuel pressure test; if pressure okay, your filter is not the problem (I would still replace it though).

Come back if you still have the same problem after you replace it.
Saturday, November 15th, 2008 AT 7:23 PM
LOLLYGAGGERJOE
Yeah its still doing it I changed the fuel filter and I ran a can of seafoam throw it
Sunday, November 16th, 2008 AT 5:36 AM
RENAUDTN
-Check your fuel pressure; if low suspect your fuel pump, relay, low voltage at the pump, bad fuel pressure regulator, leaky fuel injectors.
-Check compression in each cylinder; if low suspect leaky/blown head gasket, worn valve, cracked cylinder head.
-Check your ignition system (your must have a strong spark for your car to operate smoothly). If you never replace the plugs and wires, and inspected the coils, now is a good time.

If all the above is okay, you could still have problem with a sensor, or a big vacuum leak.
Have your car scanned for codes if you haven't done it already. It should tell you what the problem is.
Monday, November 17th, 2008 AT 9:28 AM