1990 Ford Ranger I have 2 questions

DALE SHOWALTER
  • 1990 FORD RANGER
I'm retired and on a fixed income so I try and do what I can. I bought it used and you can tell no maintenance was done. My 1990 xlt ranger seems sluggish. I changed the distributor cap, rotor, wires, plugs, both PVC valves, air filter, oil and filter. Would changing the oxygen sensor make a difference and if so where is it.

I had to put a bumper on it. It had two adjustable brackets on the bumper. When you slide the bumper in place, are the brackets suppose to be attached to the inside or outside of the frame.

Thank you
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 6:22 AM

JACK42
If the performance is sluggish, did you replace the fuel filter? The o2 sensor can make a difference, but do the fuel filter first. The o2 sensor is located in the exhaust manifold, near the down pipe. Also loosen the exhaust at the manifolds to let the gasses out and drive it, if it performs better you may have a partially plugged cat converter.I believe the bumper bracket go on the outside of the frame rails
Wednesday, February 18th, 2009 AT 7:48 AM