93' FORD PROBE CAR DIES WHEN I STOP

• 93Fprobe
  • 1993 Ford Probe

At first for a while, when I would slow down to stop the car would start shaking and if tired to give it gas while it was shaking it would die. NOW when I slow down to come to a stop it completely dies without any kind of a warning, and I have to put it in park, turn the key off and sit there for a few minutes before it wil start again. What is wrong with it?

Saturday, March 17th, 2007 AT 12:22 PM

• mikeredblack

I also have an ford probe and the same problem happend to me. There is a air flow meter that you must replace be cause the car is starving for air. As you stand in front of the car it will be on the right side. It says air flow meter it is behind the place where you replace the air filter. This is if you have an 2.2L

Sunday, March 18th, 2007 AT 5:03 PM
  • rasmataz

Check the PCV valve and the EGR system and then comeback and we'll get into the engine management system.

Got engine code/s-idiot light On-CEL/MIL/SES etc.

Sunday, March 18th, 2007 AT 6:28 PM
  • 93Fprobe

I had my brother do something to it. He put a new piece of rubber something or other on something by the trottle. I have no idea what im talking about when it comes to cars but he did something and now it works. But thanks for the suggestions!

Sunday, March 18th, 2007 AT 8:44 PM