On engine valve work

  • FORD

I have a 1968 Ford Mustang with 96,000 miles. I have a 289 engine. I seem to have lost the valve keepers on the forward valve (intake?) Over the #3 cyl. The top the valve stem is slightly hammered flat, but I want to replace the keepers to keep the car running until my rebuilt engine arrives. I have applied air pressure to the cyl. But it seems to blow out the intake manifold. Do I need to put the #3 at TDC to create air pressure? Why would the keepers just fall out? Is there anyway to easily replace the keepers, I'm having a hard time getting the second one in as the spring doesn't seem to compress straight down. THANKS

Do you
have the same problem?
Wednesday, March 1st, 2006 AT 3:12 AM

0 Replies

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides