EXPLORER

1993 Ford

THEOchesley

October, 7, 2006 AT 4:04 PM

1993 ford explorer 4x4 4.0 v6 120k mileage. Rural Alaska. NO dealer or actual shop to take it to.
Vehicle started having problemswith spark. Started missing like water in the gas. Put the the vehicle in my shop and started trouble shooting. Vehicle would run for a small time back fire terribly then not run. Try starting the following day and it would run at higher rpm but not idle and again backfire. It is a spark problem for sure because at one point gas ended up in the oil pan. Found what we thought was the problem. Crankshaft pos sensor had a wire chafed by a sagging alternator mount which we replaced (component). At this point we have no spark at all. Have replaced about every electronic component on this money pit to no avail.(Changed edis, cdi, brain box. Mass air flow sens, o2 sens, plugs, wires, swapped components from running vehicles, fuel pump, Checked grounds and wiring harness, Bought every diagnostic manual for electrical problems. Etc, even bought a 400 dollar auto xray diagnostic computer that apparently on Fords needs the vehicle running to give a trouble code, go figure.) This vehicle does not have a camshaft pos sensor which we thought might be the problem and the timing chain appears to be tight and intact. This vehicle is in beautiful condition and I hate to scrap it. Need serious help in Rural Alaska.

Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Toyota Tacoma
Mass Air Flow Sensor Clean Ford Explorer 1995