Spark plug gap for 2000 Roush Mustang V6

IRISHMUSTANG
  • 2000 FORD MUSTANG
I have a 2000 Roush Mustang with a V6 (yes it is a factory Roush, stage 1). There is no sticker underhood with the spark plug gap on it. In checking my generic repair manual from Ford it indicates the gap should be.052 -.056. The parts store said.052. When I pulled the plugs out (originals from the factory) they were gapped at.075. This made me call a different parts store and ask them to check the gap for me. They also said.052. So I gapped the new ones to this and put them in. I also replaced the spark plug wires. Took the car for a test drive and it barely has any power. Struggled significantly up a hill. Should I gap the plugs to.075 like the originals? Does it being a Roush make that big of a difference?

Well I pulled the plugs, gapped them at.075 and it seems to be running normal on the 2mile test drive. This seems like a huge gap difference, so I am still concerned. Your thoughts? Advice?
Sunday, October 28th, 2007 AT 3:14 AM

MERLIN2021
No mention of Roush in my book either.
Sunday, October 28th, 2007 AT 7:05 AM