Battery light

BDEPTAWA
  • FORD MUSTANG
I have a 2000 mustang. It has a V6 3.8 liter engine. It has 128,000 miles on it. The indicator light with a battery on it came on and im not sure whats wrong. I cleaned the posts of corrosion but light still on. I took it to auto zone and had the battery checked and the man said I need to charge the battery. My question is why would I need to charge the battery?The car is running and starting fine-and how do u charge the battery?
Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 AT 5:26 PM

MERLIN2021
2 possibilities here, 1 the Battery has reached the end of it's useful, and dated life, ie. 4 year battery is 4 years old. 2 the alternator is not charging your battery, Did they check your charging system, or just the battery? If the car runs go have the charging system test at Autozone, they test for free.
+1
Tuesday, September 11th, 2007 AT 5:50 PM
MISTERMUSTANG
Take off the negative cable with the engine runnin if it dies the alt. Is no good
-1
Sunday, September 16th, 2007 AT 2:30 PM