2008 Ford Mustang Car is shaking, idles a little rough and

CHRISMARIE74
  • 2008 FORD MUSTANG
Hi there! I have a 98 Ford Mustang, GT. It wasn't running that well (idling weird & it stalled on the highway once while going 55-60), and the check engine light came on. A couple days ago, I had brand new spark plugs put in. The next morning it was running worse, almost like it wanted to stall, the check engine light was flashing this time and there is also a fuel smell coming out of the car. I took the car in to an auto parts store to get a free diagnosis and it said I needed to replace a C2 sensor. I noticed on the record slip that there was something about the possibility of a leaky fuel valve. I'm in the process of having the C2 sensor replaced, however I'm still worried there is another problem. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!
Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 AT 7:26 AM

JACK42
If you can smell gas, look for leaks. Dont want it catching fire. Did they say the O2 sensor? Do you happen to know the exact code they pulled from the computer? From what you describe, it may not take care of the problem. Definitly look for fuel leaks at the injectors, if any are leaking externally they should be repaired(new o'rings) or replaced.A bad injector will cause the fuel smell and rough running
Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 AT 7:52 AM