2002 Ford Mustang 02 Mustang cranking, trying to start, but

LEEMOORE911
  • 2002 FORD MUSTANG
Just like the subject says, I have an 02 Ford Mustang v6. The headlights, radio, interior lights etc. All work but when I turn the key the car cranks like it's trying to start but it won't start up. My first thought was that it was the starter, but I can't find the starter to try and tap it while someone else cranks it yet. I haven't been able to find the starter when I get underneath the car despite following the positive cable from the battery. However the headlights dim when you try to crank it, so I suppose it could be the battery or the alternator?

Help is appreciated!
Friday, January 16th, 2009 AT 6:43 PM

KEVIN12881
Tey jumping off. Could be battery. Alternoater could be bad, but would not be the problem fr starting if the battery is good and charged. The alternator is located at the flywheel, where the engine connects to the trans. It could be the siliniod, mounted on firewall. How good does it turn? Does it turn fast enogh to start, or too slow. Are you getting fuel and spark?
Friday, January 16th, 2009 AT 6:55 PM