1995 Ford Mustang Hot Air only comes out defrost holes

WIZZAP
  • 1995 FORD MUSTANG
Air Conditioning problem
1995 Ford Mustang 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 150k miles

95 mustang Still tring to get air to blow out vents will only blow hot air out the defrost holes. No matter if I put it on vent or AC or heat its the same temp and it comes from the defrost holes

Some one said a check valve was messed up The ford dealer ship does not even list one

Im sure its a Vaccum line any pointers on where to start and even after I get it to blow correctly Im not sure air is gonna work

UPDATE

I checked lines under dash No vac long story short I found the line was broke at the vaccum block I fixxed it and have Vac all the way up to a splitter with a pig tail in it it has the numbers E4ZF-9C915-AA and E0995b there is Vac going in to it but none comeing out and the air still only blows out the defrost found out part is the Vapor Purge soloind does that even have anything to do with AC

Update Number 2

I kept searching for a Vac line found one unhooked that was coming out firewall by the accumlator. Could not find where it hooks to so I hooked it to the Purge valve line mentioned above. And the vents started working So Im sure thats the right line

My question now is Where is the correct place to hook the line I know the purge vavle needs to be hooked up and I dont want a vac leak.

Also when car is on max AC it blows cool air not cold anyway to test Ac myself with out putting car in the shop
Thursday, June 18th, 2009 AT 5:25 PM

RACEFAN966
Ok lets tackle one problem at a time if you don't mind. First here is a pic of how the vacuum is routed for the heating system. Let me know how it goes and we will go from there. Once the heater is fixed then we will move to the A/C problem ok. I also need to know if this is a GT or Cobra or ? as some stuff may be different. Get back to me.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_Graphic_93.jpg

+1
Friday, June 19th, 2009 AT 9:01 AM
WIZZAP
Its a V6 also that doesnt help I need to know where the vaccum line under the hood goes the one that feeds all those lines in the pic
Friday, June 19th, 2009 AT 9:25 AM
RACEFAN966
I don't say exactly it just say to manifold vacuum. Meaning that is has contant vacuum. If you don't find one let me know and I will check my 98 and see where it goes.
Saturday, June 20th, 2009 AT 8:45 AM
WIZZAP
Thanks for the help but this case can be closed.

I searched and searched and could not find it I stopped by a AC repairshop I found out I used to go to school with the guy.

He told me teeing in to the line I was borrowing would be fine so I did that

I purchased a can of freon put it in the compressor kept clicking over and over The Ac guy then jummped some plug on the Accumlator and told me that there was a blockage somewhere that it was messed up gonna cost 7 or 8 hundred to fix so I said oh well Winter car lol.

Anyway the air was kinda cool but not real cool the I ran up with a friend that puts in home Ac's he stuck his gauges on the car and said it was still low on freon stick one more can in it so I did

The Ac is now colder than my wifes 2005 dodge lol

Hopefully there is no leak and it holds up

Well next project will be repairing the top it will not go up or down with the button have to do it by hand
Saturday, June 20th, 2009 AT 10:12 AM
RACEFAN966
Ok he jumped was the low pressure switch you do this when the freon it to low for the system work. Now on to your top. In the under hood fuse relay box there is a fuse style circuit breaker 30 amp labeled S this it to the motor for the top check that first let me know if it is blown. If it blown change it and see if blows again. Also check fuse 1 in the fuse box in the car it should be 15 amp. This is also tied to the parking break switch so let me know what you find and I will look over the wiring diagram for the top and go from there.
Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 9:40 AM
WIZZAP
Ok Thanks for all the help Racefan anyway I know one problem with the top I filled the tank with fluid and it tried to work but I heard fluid shooting out the hose under the rear right back seat panel is busted

So I need to know how to get into it and where to find one anyway

Chilton manuel doest have a section on converts
Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 6:19 PM
RACEFAN966
There isn't a lot of infor on it here either, but Latemodel restoration does have the hose kit. Now it seems that most things pertaining to the pump or pump motor require removing the rear seat to get to. I will do some more digging. Let me know how the battle goes.
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009 AT 8:58 AM
WIZZAP
Well pulled the rear seat and side panel and try to let it up back once more to see where its leaking for sure and its not the hose at all its the top of the cylander.

Is there a way to repair it or will it have to be replaced all together

Also is it very hard to R &R
Tuesday, June 23rd, 2009 AT 6:56 PM
RACEFAN966
I would check out Latemodel restoration they have all these parts for restoring late model mustangs and also check out Mustangs Unlimited both do late model restoration stuff and more. I use both and have done some nice Performance Mods too. From what it say's you remove the motor and cylinder as an assembly then remove the cylinder from the motor.
Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 AT 9:14 AM
WIZZAP
I found a couple online they are exspensive what makes it worse is the junkyrard cost more than a new one
Wednesday, June 24th, 2009 AT 5:54 PM
RACEFAN966
Yea they are not cheap but who would thougt that a wrecking yard would be more wow thats strange.
Thursday, June 25th, 2009 AT 8:41 AM