1992 Ford Mustang Car will not start

ASHARRU
  • 1992 FORD MUSTANG

1992 Ford Mustang 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

92' Mustang, 4Cyl 2.3L EFI. Car sat for 2 years with a little gas in the tank. Put a new battery in it, air in the tires, and new gas in the tank (a few gallons). Car started right up with no problems, took for a test drive, made it about 12 miles and the car died along the freeway. Now the car will not start. Checked the Fuel Pump and inline Fuel Filter, both seem fine pumping out gas nicely. Not sure what to check next. I'm not a mechanic, but am good at tearing down and rebuilding things and troubleshooting. I also have a Chilton manual for the car that I can use for reference. I may be off, but I'm thinking 2yrs of sitting = bad fuel/condensation + deposits/buildup = clogged filter somewhere in the engine compartment or clogged injectors.

Friday, June 18th, 2010 AT 1:48 PM

You're right on the money-I recommend you check the fuel pressure with a gauge to ensure that the fuel pressure is within specs.

Friday, June 18th, 2010 AT 4:11 PM