1990 Ford Mustang clyinder wont fire

B_COLE
  • 1990 FORD MUSTANG

1990 Ford Mustang V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 107000 miles

Number 2 cylinder will not fire, I have replaced the distributor, cap, rotor button, wires, and plugs. The compression and all cylinders is between 125 and 130. After I run the car I can pull the plug out and it is wet with fuel, It does matter ifthe car ran just for a min or 30 miles. I can swap plugs with one that I know if firing but still will not fire in number 2. I have also install remaned injectors, all other cylinder are running fine. The car does smoke (black/grey) out of the exhaust pipes. The car is all stock except it has MAC headers, h pipes no cats and flowmaster mufflers. I have also replaced the TPS, IAV, EGR cleaned the throttle body, replaced all vacuum lines, PVC valve and filter, air filter, cleaned the Mass air, new O2 sensors and BAP sensor.

Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 8:46 AM

RACEFAN966

Have you checked the fuel injector for that cylinder? What all test have you done? Have ohmed out the injector and the wire to that cylinder? Let me know what you can.

Monday, June 22nd, 2009 AT 10:21 AM