1995 FORD MONDEO BREAKS QUIT WORKING, ALSO ENGINE STALLS.

• aftershockzap
  • 1995 Ford Mondeo

Brakes problem
1995 Ford Mondeo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

The Breaks are ABS if that helps!

Sorry if this is a bit of a rant but, recently my engine has begun stalling on start-up. It is winter over here (I'm an air force member serving in England) It has only stalled twice while in use, both times I was dropping off a fellow airmen at the dorms, drove off after sitting for a min. And it stalled at the next stop sign. That was the only issue untill friday, friday at the same stop sign my breaks had gotten really stiff and I had the break pedal fully to the floor (as far as it would let me) when I continued rolling foward. I had to pull the e-break just to get the car to stop. I then drove directly to a car care center which assured me they could look at my car the following day. They did not and now I'm stranded without a car wondering what the hell could be going on. I'm a bit freaked because I have a pregnate wife and really, truly cannot afford an expensive car bill.
In the air-force I repair Jet Engines so if the issue is something that requires removal and replacement of parts with regular hand tools I can do it myself but I have no idea what would cause all these issues, other than the breaks and the stall my car is completely fine.

Sunday, February 21st, 2010 AT 5:03 AM

• Dave H

Hello. Thanks for the donation. Much apprecated

Have the crankshaft position sensor replaced. Check for leaking brake lines or a bad brake booster !

Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 8:50 AM