Ford Focus tapping noise (cat converter?)

AN_CEANNAIRE
  • FORD FOCUS
I have a 2004 Focus, 64,000 miles. 1, 4 engine Saloon.
Only bought last week! Already had to have the Cat replaced. Didnt mind so much as I have a 12 month warranty and a new cat, but ever since it was replaced I have noticed a tapping sound as if coming from under the car. A hollow tap tap click kinda sound. Usually notice it when I stop the car and the engine is still hot, tends to stop after a minute or 2 but today I noticed it also whilst driving slowly. This bloody car cost me 12000 Euros appx 20,000 Dollars. Any idea what is causing this, is it dangerous? Thanks
Liam in Ireland
Thursday, October 4th, 2007 AT 6:35 AM

AN_CEANNAIRE
I really appreciate the reply. Thank you. Are you sure tho? My uncle is a mechanic, he thought similar but when he heard it also happens when I am actually driving he was concerned. Its just like there is someone under the car tapping with a little spoon. Fast slow fast slow for a few minutes then stop, but as I said it also happens when I am driving?
Thursday, October 4th, 2007 AT 7:19 AM