2004 Ford Focus O2 Sensor Ford Focus

TIMGOINCRAZY
  • 2004 FORD FOCUS
2004 Ford Focus 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

After being prompted by a code I replaces sensor one bank one on my focus. The car no longer dies and runs fairly smooth with a little sputtering. The check engine light came back on and is now throwing code P0054. This website does not include this code but my parts store says
Repair resource for sensor location identification and refers to a failure in the the powertrain control module.
I have no idea where to go from here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sunday, June 13th, 2010 AT 4:39 PM

BLACKOP555
P0054 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 2)

that sensor is for catalytic convertor efficiency. Doesnt affect fuel air ratio but if you want to fix it I would suggest checking the connector and wiring on that sensor to make sure its not shorted or open. If thats all good up to pcm check sensor
+1
Monday, June 14th, 2010 AT 11:41 AM
TIMGOINCRAZY
Thanks for the advice and clarification.
Since I last posted my question I have changed the down stream O2 sensor and checked the wiring and all the plugs. Nothing seems damaged. All the shrouding is intact and none of the plugs are fouled or bent. The car is running just as bad as it was before I changed the upstream O2 sensor. I am at a loss. I am afraid the PCM I malfunctioning. Any more advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sunday, July 11th, 2010 AT 12:47 PM
BLACKOP555
Are any new codes showing up on the vehicles computer or no. If so post back the exact codes. Try to unhook the exhaust piping from manifold. Run better now?

When does it run worst. Cold, warm? Al the time?

Acceleration good. Crusing good?
Sunday, July 11th, 2010 AT 7:13 PM
TIMGOINCRAZY
I have been driving the car since my last post. The car does not seem to sputter at any specific time. It will sputter during acceleration cruising, idle and sometimes not at all. I did run the A/C for a bit and it died repeatedly. It is still sending the same code P0045. I have not yet unhooked the manifold. Should I drive it around with that unhooked?
Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 4:59 PM
BLACKOP555
Yeah try it and see if its better. Exhaust system could be plugged up causing vehicle to run poorly.

The vehicles having issues with o2's so check the cooling system. Have it pressure tested to see if coolant is leaking into the cylinders causing bad running and issues with the o2 sensors.
Sunday, July 25th, 2010 AT 5:13 PM