2000 Ford Focus cranks but wont turn over

• 2000 FORD FOCUS

2000 Ford Focus 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 79,000 miles

Hi. The car stalled while I was turning. Now it wont even start. I checked the fuel pump & filter and they both seem fine. I changed the spark plugs & wires. Checked the battery. It's good. What could possibly be wrong with my car? Please help!

Monday, May 26th, 2008 AT 4:23 AM

Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation and selecting us as your auto repair site. Feel free to ask questions at anytime-

Do you have a check engine light On or flashing prior to this problem?

If the engine's condition is in tip top shape-do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem that's if its cranking over and refuses to start

Fuel and Spark:

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 in away from ground have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors and computer. Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

If both correct fuel pressure and snapping blue spark is present-check engine compression could be a valve and ignition timing, issue -this will lead you to problems with compression and valves opening and closing at the wrong time/broken or jumped timing belt/chain

Monday, May 26th, 2008 AT 4:36 AM