2004 Ford Fiesta Ignition Coil Replacement

PAUL.KIRKMAN
  • 2004 FORD FIESTA
I've just had my Fiesta taken to a Ford dealership with engine problems. They've diagnosed it as water leaking through the washer jet seals, which has got to the park plugs. From what I've read, this is a common problem with Fiestas!

They've quoted an outrageous price ( £347.42) to replace the spark plugs, ignition leads and the ignition coil. Clearly, I'm not paying that. I'm more than happy to replace the plugs and leads myself, then have a garage quotation of £60 for the ignition coil.

My question is, am I ok to replace the plugs and leads myself and then drive to a garage using the old ignition coil to have it replaced, or would it be best to have the coil replaced first, then I'll replace the plugs and leads as soon as I get home? Or maybe it makes no real difference? I'm talking about a drive of <2 miles between home and garage.

Thanks for any help!
Thursday, August 5th, 2010 AT 5:33 AM

DAVE H
It will make no difference which way you do it
Thursday, September 30th, 2010 AT 4:41 AM