STALLING WHEN STARTING

1989 Ford Festiva

dollykruger

March, 9, 2008 AT 1:24 PM

1989 Ford Festiva 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 190000 miles

We are looking at a Ford Festiva, that we are purchasing, but we have several of our own. The owner at the present time has stated that it stalls and refuses to start when slowing down at stop signs, etc when first starting. So, if you start the car up in town, and try to drive through town, it will stall out and be real reluctant to restart if he stops at a stopsign. But, on the other hand, at his present location, he is close to the interstate, and to drive the 20+ miles to our location, and his girlfriend, he doesn't have that problem. He isn't starting and stopping, he's close to the interstate, and he hits it, and the car works fine.
There are three little wires at the front right hand side of the car, that when they start corroding out need replaced, especially the middle one. Remember, I said we've had a few of these cars. The problem is, we're having a hard time putting a name to the little wire parts, and getting replacements. I have a picture that I took on my camera that I could forward, if someone needs a picture of it. Can anyone tell me what the part name is, and where we can get new ones.

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

scottxd45

June, 13, 2008 AT 12:39 AM

Fuseable links