2005 Ford F350 aux switches

MB30
  • 2005 FORD F-350
I have an '05 F-350, 6.0dsl, 4wd, crew cab. The instrument panel has 4 aux swts, and all swts seem to have a light. I have a bundle of four wires under the hood, near the firewall, and these wires are connected to nothing, and I am thinking they are the aux switch wires. However, I get no voltage to any of the wires when flipping the switches to the "on" position. The lights in the switches do not illuminate either. I am checking the voltage between the wire end and the neg terminal of the battery. Are these four wires not the ones to the switches, or is there a fuse or relay that needs to be installed to get voltage?
Sunday, May 31st, 2009 AT 9:53 AM

BILLYMAC
Hi. I would check these wires for continuity first. Testing and operateing switch at the same time will confirm if these are the wires or not.

And yes the factory installs aux switch and tow packages and you will need to install relay and fuse
in coralation with the accessories you want to install.

Good luck billymac
Tuesday, June 2nd, 2009 AT 8:40 PM