F250 POWERSTROKE DIESEL FUEL PUMP'S

1996 Ford F-250

f250 owner

October, 30, 2009 AT 9:49 AM

1996 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 240000 miles

My Truck is a 1996 Ford F-250 Extra-Cab w/7.3 ci Diesel "Powerstroke" engine, Automatic trans.
The truck "died" the other day, we had it towed home. After some checking, I found there was no fuel pressure? The truck will start and run on ether.
I ordered and recieved (from the local NAPA parts store) a new fuel pump and filter, based on the make, model, year and engine size.
I cannot find a mechanical pump mounted to the engine remotely close to the one I purchased? After following the fuel lines from tank to engine, there is, what appears to be an injection pump, mounted in the front top valley of the engine. Is this what I need to check and/or replace? There is no reference to this pump in any parts suppliers listings, my repair manual, or in my owners manual? How many (Electrical/Mechanical) fuel pumps are in this system and where are they located?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/428554_Ford_fuel_pump_Carter_1.jpg

Thanks ~~Roy~~

racefan966

October, 30, 2009 AT 10:11 AM

According to Mitchell it is on the back of the fuel filter housing mounted near the rear of the intake manifold.

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Pressure Test