1996 FORD F250 1996 POWERSTROKE DIESEL FUEL PUMP'S

• f250 owner
  • 1996 Ford F-250

1996 Ford F250 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 240000 miles

My Truck is a 1996 Ford F-250 Extra-Cab w/7.3 ci Diesel "Powerstroke" engine, Automatic trans.
The truck "died" the other day, we had it towed home. After some checking, I found there was no fuel pressure? The truck will start and run on ether.
I ordered and recieved (from the local NAPA parts store) a new fuel pump and filter, based on the make, model, year and engine size.
I cannot find a mechanical pump mounted to the engine remotely close to the one I purchased? After following the fuel lines from tank to engine, there is, what appears to be an injection pump, mounted in the front top valley of the engine. Is this what I need to check and/or replace? There is no reference to this pump in any parts suppliers listings, my repair manual, or in my owners manual? How many (Electrical/Mechanical) fuel pumps are in this system and where are they located?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/428554_Ford_fuel_pump_Carter_1.jpg

Thanks ~~Roy~~

Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 9:49 AM

• racefan966

According to Mitchell it is on the back of the fuel filter housing mounted near the rear of the intake manifold.

Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 10:11 AM