Vehicle Won't Start!

SROGERS_17
  • FORD F-150
I have 1997 Ford F-150 XLT. I have ran a diagonsitics scan and found nothing wrong. I have also checked the crankshaft sensor, camshaft sensor, and knock sensor. They are all in perfect condition. I checked the scharder valve for fuel pressure and there was. I checked the fuel injectors with a noid light tester and nothing happened. The vehicle will crank smoothly so I don't think that it would be a timing chain or belt issue. So please help me understand what is happening and why my vehicle won't start.
Thursday, December 21st, 2006 AT 2:36 PM

BACKYARDMECHANIC
Sounds like you made some good checks so why not make one more. Does the car have spark. You have fuel and the motor crank so the only thing I can think of is there SPARK. Hope this helps and let me know how you make out. Backyardmechanic :)
Thursday, December 21st, 2006 AT 4:49 PM
SROGERS_17
I checked the spark to and there was plenty of spark. It is still acting like there is no fuel in the chamber to ignite the engine. What else is there for me to check. Could the spark test be faulty, or did I do it wrong. Let me know.
Saturday, December 23rd, 2006 AT 5:46 PM
BACKYARDMECHANIC
You asked if you did something wrong when checking for spark so here is what to look for. You should have a healthy, strong, blue spark. I also like to check at least two seperate cylinders. If you did this then you have good spark. Have you checked the plugs. Are the good and not fouled out. This could be your problem. You said the fuel is in question so run a test on the system with a fuel pressure tester if you have one. Also check the fuel pump fuse and the EFI fuse (this supplies power to the injectors). You should of gotten a light when you tested with the noid light. Good luck and happy hoildays :D
Sunday, December 24th, 2006 AT 10:55 AM
SROGERS_17
Ok I can't do the fuel system test, but I did the noid light test again on a different side. NO lights what so ever flashed. But some of the spark plugs were fouled so those are getting replaced. What can I do about the injectors. Should I replace those or check something else? Because they are getting power from the battery. Help Me please. Also merry chirstmas!
Monday, December 25th, 2006 AT 7:46 PM
SROGERS_17
My mother wouldn't wait for me to fix the truck. So she sent it to the shop and they diagnoised it has fuel injection sensor. Thanks
Wednesday, December 27th, 2006 AT 4:52 PM