Smog/Air pump

  • FORD F-150

Hello, this is my first post and I hope I am in the right place. I just bought a 1991 Ford F150 XLT, 305 EFI, 2X4, Automatic with 59000 miles. While inspecting the engine, I found that there is a hose that goes nowwhere. The configuration is: air pump>hose>canister>hose>. That hose has been cut and I can not find where it should attach to. It is not a rubber hose, it is of a fabric type and is about 1" in dia. The pump is sucking air through the hose and I am thinking that it should be connected to the manifold somewhere. I am not a mechanic by any means, but I believe this is smog equipment related. I am not sure if the unit is called a air pump or a smog pump. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I believe this truck was sold new in Gary Indiana if this will help. Thank you in advance

Do you
have the same problem?
Sunday, November 19th, 2006 AT 5:15 AM

1 Reply

  • 10,535 POSTS

Can you take a picture of this hose and where it comes from?

Was this
Friday, December 28th, 2007 AT 10:23 AM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Recommended Guides