HIGH IDLE

• Tescott
  • FORD F-150

Please help. I am a single female with a Acura legend and cannot afford to take my car to the dealership I have a 1990 Acura Legend and the idle is acting crazy. In park sometimes it idle fast and other times, normal. At fast idle usually at 1500 or 1000. When in drive at a red light sometimes normal, other times at 1500. Gas is rich. At a speed of 55 or 60 sometimes it seems llike the engine is going to stall or holding back as if missing. I have been told that it sounds like the idle control sensor is bad, do you think this is my problem. I took it to a repair shop and they put it on a diagnostic machine, but it read no codes. Please help 1990 Acura Legend 243,000 Miles

Monday, August 14th, 2006 AT 12:49 AM

• J_moore

It might be your timing, you should have someone adjust it for you if need be or if you havent had a tune up in awhile maybe that could be it.
Cheers

Wednesday, September 27th, 2006 AT 7:41 PM