FORD F 150 4X4 FRON DIFFERENTIAL

• Sheldon
  • 1915 Ford F-150

I Have a 1991 Ford f 150 4x4. On the top of the front differential there is a hase coming off of it. It is currently not connected to any thing and I have no idea where it goes to. What does it go to? Or is it just a over flow or pressure release hose but I have never heard of that before. Note. Manual lockers with independent I beam front end[/b]

Sunday, November 5th, 2006 AT 6:20 PM

• Sheldon

Ford f 150 1991 4x4 with close to 170k original miles. On the top of the front differential there is a hase coming off of it. It is currently not connected to any thing and I have no idea where it goes to. What does it go to? Or is it just a over flow or pressure release hose but I have never heard of that before. Note. Manual lockers with independent I beam front end[/b]

Sunday, November 5th, 2006 AT 6:22 PM
  • Sheldon

1991 Ford F 150: mileage 170,000. On the top of the front differential there is a hase coming off of it. It is currently not connected to any thing and I have no idea where it goes to. What does it go to? Or is it just a over flow or pressure release hose but I have never heard of that before. Note. Manual lockers with independent I beam front end[/b]0,000

Sunday, November 5th, 2006 AT 6:25 PM
  • soldierjb

You are right it is a breather for the diffrental. It should be placed up high so it will not get junk in it.

Sunday, November 12th, 2006 AT 6:06 PM