F 150 4X4 FRON DIFFERENTIAL

1915 Ford F-150

Sheldon

November, 5, 2006 AT 6:20 PM

I Have a 1991 Ford f 150 4x4. On the top of the front differential there is a hase coming off of it. It is currently not connected to any thing and I have no idea where it goes to. What does it go to? Or is it just a over flow or pressure release hose but I have never heard of that before. Note. Manual lockers with independent I beam front end[/b]

Sheldon

November, 5, 2006 AT 6:22 PM

Ford f 150 1991 4x4 with close to 170k original miles. On the top of the front differential there is a hase coming off of it. It is currently not connected to any thing and I have no idea where it goes to. What does it go to? Or is it just a over flow or pressure release hose but I have never heard of that before. Note. Manual lockers with independent I beam front end[/b]

Sheldon

November, 5, 2006 AT 6:25 PM

1991 Ford F 150: mileage 170,000. On the top of the front differential there is a hase coming off of it. It is currently not connected to any thing and I have no idea where it goes to. What does it go to? Or is it just a over flow or pressure release hose but I have never heard of that before. Note. Manual lockers with independent I beam front end[/b]0,000

soldierjb

November, 12, 2006 AT 6:06 PM

You are right it is a breather for the diffrental. It should be placed up high so it will not get junk in it.

Axle Seal Replacement
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads
Differential Fluid Service - Front
Differential Fluid Drain/Refill
Differential Fluid Change Ford F250
Differential Fluid Service Chevrolet 2500HD