F 150 2004

PADA4140
  • 2004 FORD F-150
No OBD on my 2004 F150, Tritron 4.6. Truck has 55000 miles on it. When you hook up the OBD it reads not reading data, please try again. I have had several attempts to bring this Truck to repair places but they cannot help. The Check Engine Lite is on but I cannot read the Computer? Any help? It was at the Dealer last year for an EGR valve and came on again just recently. I cannot get it smogged. Thanks.
Friday, March 16th, 2007 AT 3:01 PM

M_H_RITZEL
Has the battery been disconnected lately?
Friday, March 16th, 2007 AT 9:01 PM
PADA4140
No the battery is the original, the Truck sits most of the time. Thanks
Friday, March 16th, 2007 AT 9:42 PM
M_H_RITZEL
If the battery went dead or the battery has been disconnected, the computer will not completly reset until the vehicle has been driven appox 50 miles. Disconnect the battery and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then reconnect the battery and drive the vehicle. It does not have to be done all at once. The computer should reset itself thenafter it has been driven, if the battery is disconnected and then tried to scan sometimes it will come up not ready or can not read.
Tuesday, March 20th, 2007 AT 3:23 PM
PADA4140
The battery never has gone dead. I disconnected it for 15 minutes and them drove it to work and back (60) miles. I still cannot read the OBD, it says not communicating when we hook it up. Thanks
Friday, March 23rd, 2007 AT 1:16 PM
M_H_RITZEL
Check the connecting pins for the obd to see if one is bent.
Saturday, March 24th, 2007 AT 8:49 AM
PADA4140
I CHECKED THE PINS AND THE FUSES UNDER THE HOOD, EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE OK, I GUESS MY NEXT STEP IS THE DEALER, SEEMS NO ONE HAS THE ANSWER THIS ONE. Thanks. Paul Anania
Saturday, March 24th, 2007 AT 1:21 PM
MERLIN2021
I can't find the diagram right now but google obdII and get the diagram that shows the connector and the pins. Check for the power and ground pins and check them both!
Saturday, March 24th, 2007 AT 10:30 PM
NOS
Well there is a fella that is dicourged. Have you check the main body ground at the battery? Just a question grounds are real important on fords 8) NOS
Saturday, March 24th, 2007 AT 10:55 PM
PADA4140
I am at my wits end on this Truck, the pin has power the grounds seem good, the check engine lite remains on and this Truck has been to the dealer 3x for check engine lite, every time it cost me at least $300 for repairs. Last time the EGR valve went bad. I bought an OBD to do the work myself and its possible that the last time ity was at the dealer, they did something to the pin? In any case its going to a different Ford dealer. Thanks for the help. Ps do you want to buy a cheap 2004? Just kiddin
Sunday, March 25th, 2007 AT 8:42 AM
NOS
It is possible that the computer went south on the diagnosis part. i have run across some of thoes trucks the still have both ports on them the one under the hood and the OBD II when the OBDII wouldn't work the other one would.( just a thought )darn things can get agervating.and on a deal like this one not being there makes it harder to figure out. does the truck run poorly? i have seen a simple thing like a vaccum leak bring on a check engine light.well anyway good luck and sorry we couldn't help with this one 8) NOS

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/10147_tri_3.jpg

Sunday, March 25th, 2007 AT 3:42 PM
PADA4140
No truck runs great other than the check engine lite, I will keep you in the loop after the dealer repairs. Thanks Again.
Sunday, March 25th, 2007 AT 4:14 PM
PADA4140
Ok, took my truck to the dealer, he said that the 04 and 05 F150 has a (KAN)? TYPE READER for the computer that wont read the OBD11?They said they read the codes fine. The check engine lite was a fuel pressure sensor (line)? THAT cost $348 bucks. I tried my OBD11 again after I picked up the truck and it still wont read. Is there a OBD that works on my 04? Thanks. Paul Anania
Friday, March 30th, 2007 AT 3:22 PM
PADA4140
Thanks for everyones help in solving my OBD 11 reader, please inforn your readers that the current OBD 11 will not read correct on the 04 and 05 F 150 Pick Up Trucks. But a Can reader will do the job. Thanks again. Paul Anania
Saturday, March 31st, 2007 AT 9:49 AM