CLUTCH PEDAL FOR FORD TRUCK

• mike0429
  • Ford F-150

I have a 1989 Ford f150 xlt lariat. 248,000 miles. 30,000 miles on rebuilt motor. My question is this, All of a sudden my clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor. It happened overnight. I followed the tube down from the master cylinder to the tranny and it wiggles where it goes in the tranny. Is this a problem. I have to push it all the way to the floor to shift. Also, in reverse it grinds because I can't push the pedal down far enough. I'm not sure what to do. Please help. Don't have much money to fix it. Hoping I can fix it myself.

Sunday, November 26th, 2006 AT 3:24 AM

• Bruce Hunt

Check the fluid level of the master cylinder. I suspect that it is low, very low. Fill it and you will have to do some pumping of the pedal. I would have an assistant help you to make sure the fluid level stays up and to watch for any leaks. You are looking at either a master cylinder or a slave cylinder problem. Hope of the two it is the master as that is the easiest to replace and the cheapest.

Sunday, November 26th, 2006 AT 10:33 AM