AC is not taking a charge

CEDRICACKER
  • FORD F-150
Hello I have a 1996 ford taures 3.0 dohc 150K miles Recently I changed the condensor and the accumlator dryer. Once I changed those I vac the system down & tried to charge the system, it would not take a charge. The compresser did not kick on at all so I changed the cycling switch on the drier still nothing. I tried to to give an oil charge 8oz it took the oil but it would not take the R134. When I tried to charge the system the low side presure jumped really high and never came down. Any help would be great
Wednesday, June 20th, 2007 AT 9:19 PM

CEDRICACKER
Hello I jumped the cycling switch and the clucth did not kick in?Do I need to try and charge the system while jumping the cycling switch.
:cry:
Thursday, June 21st, 2007 AT 11:38 AM
CEDRICACKER
I have manual turn knob in the dash.
Thursday, June 21st, 2007 AT 2:31 PM
CEDRICACKER
And the test lamp "sorry
Thursday, June 21st, 2007 AT 3:07 PM
CEDRICACKER
Hello me again, I have no power going to either wire
at the ccrm.

Thursday, June 21st, 2007 AT 7:11 PM
CEDRICACKER
I do have power at the cycling switch"purple wire"
& I have no power at either of the wires at the ccrm

Thursday, June 21st, 2007 AT 8:20 PM
CEDRICACKER
Hello

The only date on the drivers door is 12/95 I do believe that is the build date.

Thursday, June 21st, 2007 AT 10:41 PM
CEDRICACKER
Hello

First, pressure switch was seated properly

Second, could not locate PINK/BLUE WIRE AT CCRM

It seems in testing power between cycling switch & pressure switch, when the cycling switch is plugged in to the dryer I have no power on the RED/YELLOW going to the pressure switch, NOW when I jumper the plug on the cycling switch I received very little power to the pressure switch "test light barely lite up during this I checked power at the GREEN/WHITE at the ccrm had the same result the BLK/YELLOW wire had no power at all.

From what I am seeing my wireing loks like this
'FROM THE CYCLING SWITCH red/yellow led to pressure switch FROM THERE there are 4 wires on the pressure switc red/yellow black/yellow, black
& green/white I assume the red/yellow is leading in the others are leading to the ccrm like I said I had little power on the green/white no power on the blackyellow on the ccrm during that test

i hope this helps
Friday, June 22nd, 2007 AT 12:23 PM
CEDRICACKER
Hello

I did what you said in previous post, I jumped the plug at the cycling switch traced the power thru the R/Y wire I had power all the way through, from the cycling switch through the blackbox on top of the tranny 'BOTH SIDES" down to the pressure switch. ALL OF THIS IS WHILE THE CYCLING SWITCH IS BEING JUMPED.
I seem to be losing power from the BLK/YELL wire leaving the pressure switch going to the ccrm.

The reason I say this is, I have power in the green/white & red/yellow going into the pressure switch the blk/yellow wire has no power at all from the press switch/ or at the ccrm.

Also should the red/yellow wire be hot at all times

:( :( :( :(
Saturday, June 23rd, 2007 AT 4:33 PM
CEDRICACKER
Hello

bought a new test lamp, everything has good power BRIGHT LIGHT on new test lamp. Traced the red/yell looks good, green/white looks good.

Blk/yellow no power coming from ccrm. I;m going to replace the ccrm & and will get back as soon as i'm done.
Sunday, June 24th, 2007 AT 11:16 AM
CEDRICACKER
Hello

I bought the ccrm & changed it out, I checked for power at the blk/yellow wire and I still do not have power to that wire. I have good power to everything else except that wire. The clutch still does not engage. My cooling fans constantly run
they always have.

Thanks for the help
Friday, June 29th, 2007 AT 5:30 PM
CEDRICACKER
Hello

I changed out the ect & charged my AC today. GREAT JOB GUYS I really am glad I found you guys you really helped me out. LOOKS LIKE IT'S TIME FOR ANOTHER DONATION. Once again THANK YOU.

Cedric
Sunday, July 1st, 2007 AT 8:54 PM