2007 Ford F-150

• 1 POST
  • 2007 FORD F-150

2007 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 28000 miles

I am having crazy problems with my 07 f150. It first started when my wife was trying to come home one night, when she would start the truck put it in reverse and turn the headlights on it would die. If the light were off or the car was in any other gear it was fine. We took it into the shop for a few days they would check it everyday and it wouldn't do it. So we thought it was just a one time thing, but tonight my wife was trying to come home again and she had the car die on here when she turned the high beams on. Then the car would not stay started when the headlights were on in any gear. So I had to drive down and get her. She drove my car home and I drove the truck home with no headlights it is about a 30 minute drive. When I got home I tried it and the truck would not die anymore in any position. What is wrong with this thing?

Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 AT 12:12 AM

• 241 POSTS

First check battery connections then check all the fuses and the fuses under the hood

since you truck is fuel injected and everything is controlled electronically a loose battery connection or bad fuses can cause this

there is such thing as a partial blow fuse under a test light it will show good but wont be able to hold a load this can happen if the fuse gets wet

Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 AT 6:15 PM