2006 Ford F-150 Lose power, but engine still idles.

• 1 POST
  • 2006 FORD F-150

2006 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 44,000 miles

The best way I can explain my problem with my 2006 F-150 is if it were an early model truck with a throttle cable from the gas pedel to the carburetor, if the throttle cable broke or snaped while I was driving I will lose power but the engine still runs at a idle, I have no power if I step on the gas. If I turn the truck off and restart it its fine and Im on my way again. This has happened several times and the dealership can find no problem. Also engine light comes on right when this happens. PLEASE HELP!

Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 AT 10:13 PM

• 101 POSTS

If it's "fly-by-wire" (no cable) - a new pedal or APP (accellerator pedal position) sensors will likely fix.
Ford had 7.3 diesels do this - even though all the "pinpoint tests" passed. They finally admitted it "does not operate as designed" and changed the part #. Something similar may be happening.
Was the code they retrieved relevant?

Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 AT 10:31 PM