2006 Ford F-150

BIGRAU75
  • 2006 FORD F-150
When I am pulling a trailer and it puts a load on the motor going up hill it starts to miss at higher RPM's. Then when I let off the throttle it quits missing. But now it has started missing at lower RPM's and the miss is getting more noticable even with not much throttle applied. When the miss is occuring the engine light comes on and I have taken it to the dealership and had the computer on it and they can not find a code for anything going wrong can yall give me any ideas about whats goin on.
Monday, December 7th, 2009 AT 10:31 PM

It could be many things. If the light came on, there should be a code stored. For the heck of it, take it to a nationally recognized parts store and have them scan it to see if they get any codes. If they can't, return to the dealer and have them plug the scanner in while you drive the truck loaded. If the light comes on, they should see what is going on with the scanner.

Honestly, this type of problem usually is caused by needing a tune up, dirty air filter, or a weak fuel pump. If you need directions on how to check the fuel pump, let me know.

Thursday, December 10th, 2009 AT 1:39 PM
BIGRAU75
I have had a tune up performed on it about 10,000 miles ago because it was down on power. I have taken it to Auto Zone and had the computer put on it and there was no code stored. I then took it back to the dealership andwe drove it hard with a load on and it misfired a few times but the light never came on while their computer was plugged in. The dealership checked my fuel pump and said it was fine. But, this also the dealership that loosened up two bolts on my front differential and then told me that I was going to have to put a new front axel on my truck. So how do I check and see if my fuel pump is weak?
Monday, December 14th, 2009 AT 4:59 PM