2005 FORD F150 CHECK ENGINE LIGHT

• Tcook1841
  • 2005 FORD F-150

2005 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 27300 miles

Hey Guys,

My F150 seems to be running fine but the check engine light came on today. It stays on continuous. I cant figure it out. I checked the oil which seemed a little low but no oil light came on. The temperature seems normal also. Can u help?

Sunday, February 24th, 2008 AT 1:11 AM

• BMRFIXIT

Check gas cap
make sure it on and tight
have it scanned

Sunday, February 24th, 2008 AT 9:33 AM
  • Legitimate007

Usually when that light comes on it means a problem with an emissions related item. What I would like you to do is pay attention to your fuel economy and check your gas cap and make sure it is tightened untill you hear those clicks several times. I know it sounds stupid, but your engine light will come on if. You gas cap isn't tight. Crazy huh? Let me know what happens

Sunday, February 24th, 2008 AT 9:35 AM
  • Nascda

I had this same problem with my 2005 F-150. After talking to my mechanic and checking with Ford, they said that it besides the gas cap issue, it could be that I had some bad gas in my tank. If I allowed it to run through approx. 3-4 tanks of gas in a mixed use of running (i.E. Highway, surface streets, and freeway) it would turn itself off once it had flushed the problem. This worked, after 3 tanks of gas the light went off and stayed off.

Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 2:39 PM