2004 Ford F-150 truck keeps dying out

ROB4X42007
  • 2004 FORD F-150
I have a 2004 ford f150 lariet crew cab 4x4 with a 5.4 triton this truck has been great till last mont I always service it at ford a few week ago I was driving about 70 the truck started to sputter then died it started agian ran for 30 seconds then died but it ran ruff so I had it towed to ford when they checked it out it ran fine so I drove it about a week same thing died then no start so I had them replace the fuel filter there we no codes stored they told me it could be the fuel pump or fuel rail the second time it got towed the same thing it started and ran fine both times it was wet out so I took it back was driving it died agian but this time it started ran ruff cleared up stalled a few times but I got home what do you think I should do I rely on this truck about 1500 miles per week?
Sunday, January 11th, 2009 AT 7:42 PM

JAMES W.
We get a lot of posts on Ford F series trucks with fuel pump and FP relay problems. Not saying your pump is bad, we need to determine what you are losing when the stall occurs to help narrow it down. It's either spark or fuel. If you can find out which it is, we can go from there. Otherwise we're just guessing, and guessing can get expensive. Please advise.
Sunday, January 11th, 2009 AT 9:09 PM