2004 Ford F-150 Fuel Pump

JPWIMER
  • 2004 FORD F-150
2004 Ford F150 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 114000 miles

My husband has been driving, once a week, to a construction job about 2 1/2 hours away. About 4 months ago he noticed that after driving about 2 hours his truck lost power and started chugging and only able to go around 20mph. He took it to a local shop, in the town he is working in, and they said it was probably the fuel pump so they replaced it for about $600.00. The truck seemed to work fine for about a month and then started doing it again. He took it back and they said it was probably a faulty fuel pump and replaced it again (no charge). This past weeked it did it again, worse than before. He can't even drive it down there now to have them look at it so he had to take it to a place up here. They just called him and said that the other shop didn't use a "factory" fuel pump and that was the problem. They are putting in a "factory" pump and doing a tune-up at a cost of $1100.00! My husband needs this truck for work and we are in a bind! Does this make any sense to you? Is it necessary that it has a "factory" pump? How can we claim any of our original money back, for the shop 2 1/2 hours away, if they indeed used a pump that wasn't "factory" Please help. Thanks Jill
Tuesday, July 21st, 2009 AT 1:21 PM

RACEFAN966
Ok first off what is the fuel pressure? If it is the pump again then have the shop that did it first replace it under warranty and have then buy a Delphi pump from Napa and put that one in. Delphi is the OEM pump and is available at Napa for less money. Let me know how it goes.
Tuesday, July 21st, 2009 AT 9:09 PM

Sponsored links