F150 FUEL PROBLEM

2004 Ford F-150

hootgibson

April, 28, 2008 AT 5:17 PM

2004 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 67000 miles

I had about 1/4 tank of gas driving I had no problems before and it just died, it would then start get up to 1K rpm and die. Changed fuel filter along the road, I got dirty gas out of the tank side, it will start but only run a little longer than before. I tried to remove the filter and pump gas into a gas can but can not get any fuel to pump out. Is there another filter in or on the tank that could be plugged. I had bought gas at a major truck stop on I-70 outside of Kansas City, Mo, so there should not have ben a old gas problem

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

April, 28, 2008 AT 5:28 PM

No fuel being delivered to fuel rail sounds like the fuel pump is gone.

obxautomedic

May, 14, 2008 AT 1:42 PM

I would find the Fuel Pump Relay and jump it to activate the pump. If the fuel pump works doing this. Take a look at the other Relays around and see if any have the same numbers. If one does try swapping the two out. Remember what the one your swapping is for and check to see if what it runs works or not.

May, 14, 2008 AT 3:28 PM

Try this find the inertia fuel cutoff switch behind the right kick panel try resetting it and turn key on do you hear the fuel pump If not remove switch and jumper the electrical connector, try key again Le tme know-

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_inertia_switch_2.jpg