2004 Ford F-150

MUDDOG1
  • 2004 FORD F-150
My truck ran perfect on way to work but after work would not start. It cranked normal but would not fire at all. Like it was not getting and spark
Thursday, November 4th, 2010 AT 7:44 PM

Have you checked to see if it is getting spark and fuel to the engine?
Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 7:59 AM
MUDDOG1
Yes sir. I have no clue what the problem was. It cranked and cranked but would not fire at all. But when I went out the next morning and turned key it started like normal and has been fine since. It had rained all that day so mabey something got damp is the only thing I can figure. Thank you for your reply
Friday, November 5th, 2010 AT 6:04 PM
Chances are you're correct. What to try is this. At night, start the engine, open the hood, and mist water all over the plug wires, coil. Look to see (in the dark) it there is anything arcing (sparking).

Let me know what you find.
Saturday, November 6th, 2010 AT 1:41 AM
MUDDOG1
Ok will do. I. Will let u know the results
Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 12:57 PM
I look forward to hearing from you. I know it sounds like a generic test, but it works.

Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 3:59 PM
MUDDOG1
Hey joe. I didnt get a chance to try the test u suggested. Everything has been fine since friday until today when I pulled out of drive and got about 50yds down road and truck started jerking and would not rev up past 1/2 throttle then the fail safe mode light came on I pulled over and shut the engine off and restarted it and everything was normal for the rest of the trip and home. Any suggestions. Thanks, Frank
Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 6:54 PM
Was it raining or dry outside?
Wednesday, November 10th, 2010 AT 11:30 PM