2002 Ford F-150 Truck wont shift out of park while running

KALION
  • 2002 FORD F-150
I have a 2002 f-150 lariat. About a week ago I got in it and once I started it up I noticed it wouldnt go into drive. After about 30 min I figured out that if I turned the key to the on postion and then put it in neutral that I could then start it up and place it in drive/ reverse that way. But once I put it bacc in park it dosent go back into drive unless I repeat the process of truning it off. The next I day I noticed that my windows wouldnt go down, the interior lights won t come on and my wipers wont work.A friend told me it was my Brake Pedal Position switch and to check my brake lights to see if the were functioning properly. I did and they are so im assuming that its something else, can you guys offer any help?
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 12:42 PM

Sounds like there's a problem with the shift interlock system start with the shift control solenoid
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 6:06 PM
KALION
Would the shift control solenoid cause all those other problems also? Like the windows not goin down and interior lights and warning chime to stop working?
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 3:14 PM
Sir-you need to bring it in you have a serious electrical problem could be the shift control solenoid affecting the other problems-who knows
Monday, January 12th, 2009 AT 5:04 PM