2002 Ford F-150 Jerking when acceleratiing?

LERRY1957
  • 2002 FORD F-150
Truck will have a single type jerk when accelerating from a stop. I don't notice a slip beforehand not saying that it's not. Approximately 10 to 20 feet after take off it will jerk like it may be in the tranny. It is not always either. It is intermittent. I was thinking also it could possibly be a throttle position sensor? Plus the "check engine" light is not on either. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Sunday, April 18th, 2010 AT 1:15 PM

BLACKOP555
When the vehicle jerks does rpm go down or up? And from what rpm to what rpm does it move when it jerks.

Do you accelerate at same rate of speed no matter what or do you constantly changge how you accelerate?

Is there a different person driving vehicle than you?
Monday, April 19th, 2010 AT 10:28 AM
LERRY1957
The rpm's stay pretty much where they should be. The truck runs and drives totally normal except for the jerk feeling right after taking off say from a red light. The jerk is only in low gear maybe a second after take off. It does it at all different rates of acceleration also and the jerk is sometimes more obvious. I've never tried getting on it hard to see if it will do it. One of the first times I noticed it I thought it was something in the bed of the truck sliding back and hitting the tailgate when I accelerated. That is more or less what it feels like. You know how it would take a second for an objest to slide back and finally hit the tailgate. Same thing. It sort of reminds of when a tranny slips when shifting and then all at once goes into gear. But there is no slippage here I'm almost positive. That's why I was thinking the throttle sensor might be acting up. I hope my description was a little more clear this time.
Monday, April 19th, 2010 AT 4:58 PM