2002 Ford F-150

PASTORAKS@YAHOO.COM
  • 2002 FORD F-150
I have a f150 that was blinking the theft light. We replaced the pcm module. Some times the theft lights blinks and the engine will not start. If it sets for ten minuets it will start. We put two new PCM units in the truck and It still will stop. I can be driving and the truck will stop. If I disconnect the negative post for some time it will start. What can I do now. I have spent a lot of money so far to fix the problem. Please help I take people to treatments doctors and I really need helpl
thanks. We have checked the wires and they seem ok.
Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 AT 10:43 PM

It could be anything from a bad chip in the key to a sensor in the steering column. I hate to say this, but the only place that will have the proper test equipment to diagnose the problem is a dealer.

As far as the letting it sit for 10 minutes with the key in the run position, that is a means of bypassing the system.

Let me know if you have other questions.
Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 AT 10:51 PM