Fuel pump 20 amp fuse keeps blowing

LIMIT
  • 2001 FORD F-150
2001 Ford F150 V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I have a 2001 f150 supercrew and it recently stopped on me, so I check the underhood fuses and see that the fuel pump fuse blew out, I changed it and did it again right away. So next I changed the fuel pump n fuel filter and it started up right away but a few weeks later it happened again so I changed the fuse n blew right away. Now I cant even drive it cause as soon as I go to turn the truck on the fuse keeps blowing out. Can anyone with this similar problem help me out here. Thanks.
Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 10:44 AM

M_H_RITZEL
The first thing I would look for is if there is a wire that is grounding out. Start from the fuel pump in the fuel tank and trace the wire going from the back to the front. sometimes it will be hard to get to but if there is a wire that is ground out it might only do it at times if there is a vibration or the wire moves. you say that after you changed the pump and filter it ran ok for a couple of weeks before blowing the fuse , then I would start looking around that area. Also replace the fuel pump relay they can cause a short as well.

Here is its location I have giving you all the relay and fuse locations for your 2001 Ford truck.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find.

Cheers
Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 11:01 AM

Sponsored links