2000 Ford F-150 Fuel injection problem?

PERCOL
  • 2000 FORD F-150
When I park my vehicle over night, upon starting the next morning the engine misfires and takes a few minutes to smooth out. I have checked the codes which indicate "misfire" on 2 and 3. In addition, on real cold mornings (28 F or below), the misfire is accompanied by a loud clicking sound. After warming up, the problem goes away. Could this be the fuel injectors sticking on cylinders 2 and 3? Or is this an indication of a more serious problem? Note: the plugs and wires have been recently replaced.
Wednesday, December 30th, 2009 AT 9:14 AM

PERCOL
I narrowed the problem down by listening to the fuel injectors on cyl 2 & 3. Both were working properly. The next logical problem area was the ERG valve. The valve was fine, however the ports appeared restricted. Upon removing intake significant restrictions were observed. These were cleaned, the intake manifold reinstalled. The engine now rus as if new, with 10-15% increase in fuel economy.
Thursday, January 14th, 2010 AT 12:48 PM