1999 Ford F-150 Shifting Problem

SANTA
  • 1999 FORD F-150
1999 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual

My Slave Cylinder started to leak in the bell housing. I took the truck to a shop and had new slave put in and told them while you have the transmission out, put a new clutch pack in. Now 6 months later, the truck shifts great BUT only when it is cold. Once the transmission warms up, it won't shift. I back-up and I have to turn the truck off and put it in first gear and then start the truck again to go. Once the transmission gets warm, it won't shift. When it is cold, it is perfect. I had the Slave Cylinder replaced a second time along with the Master on the Firewall and it is still doing the same thing. All the mechanics I know are totally stumped - no one can even begin to tell me what is wrong. Even Ford couldn't tell me. HELP!
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 9:57 AM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
You mean you can't get out of gear or when you go from say 1 to 2 it just won't go and no grinding?
Was piolt bearing replaced?
Let me know
Thanks for donate
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 1:59 PM
SANTA
Pilot bearing was replaced when new clutch pack was put in. When shifting, if I put it in reverse and back up, and then try to put into 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th, it will not go. Shut truck off, then put into 1st gear and then start truck up again and take off. Also, if I stop at a light, and put truck into neutral and then try to go back into gear, it won't go, shut truck off and put into gear and then turn truck back on. When driving, it will go into all gears - it feels a little hard getting into the other gears but there is absolutely no grinding or noise or anything. Again, this is only when the transmission gets warm. First thing when it is cold, no problem what so ever.
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 2:14 PM
DOCFIXIT
Problem is input shaft is siezing in pilot bearing. It keeps turning it so too much speed for bulk ring to allow hub to engage. Not so evident in higher gears
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 4:01 PM

Sponsored links