1999 Ford F-150 Fuel Tank

NATTBUGG
  • 1999 FORD F-150
My F150 has been having the same issue for the almost 3 years I've owned it and we have changed all the things one would think of to change. Intermittently during acceleration, the truck will become somewhat "jumpy" or seem to hesitate. It ALWAYS coincides with my gas gauge wavering. One issue does not occur independently of the other. Could there be something INSIDE the fuel tank itself causing the issue?
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 12:22 PM

The fuel pump / float gauge is in the tank. Have you replaced the fuel pump?
Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010 AT 8:35 PM
NATTBUGG
Yes, we have replaced the fuel pump, cleaned the intake valve, used several different additives, use only name brand fuel, changed the spark plugs/wires. You name it, we've done it. If you can think of it right off the bat, we've tried that. I'm looking for the obscure answer now, I guess, because the answer that anyone can think of has already been tried. I've asked everyone I know before coming here and several of my friends are technicians/mechanics.

Thank you for your response and if you can think of anything else, don't hesitate to reply back.
Thursday, February 4th, 2010 AT 2:03 PM

Sponsored links