1998 Ford F-150 Unknown problem

BATFCHICO
  • 1998 FORD F-150
Recently, I installed a new battery in my truck, shortly thereafter, (I dont know if it was a coincidence?) My check engine light came on. It stays on and now blinks once in a while. The truck has started to shutter slightly which is only noticeable while stopped. Today the truck temp gauge showed normal and the heat was coming out warm then the temp. Gauge dropped to cold and the air started coming out cold. Any ideas what might be wrong? Ive never had prolems with this truck and I dont believe its anything too seroius. Any suggestions before I spend an arm and leg at the dealership? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Tuesday, December 25th, 2007 AT 8:17 PM

SERVICE WRITER
Have the codes pulled from the computer to start diagnosing.

Check your coolant level.

The CEL blinking generally means a misfire and that damage may be happening to the converter.

The two may be related or may not.
Tuesday, December 25th, 2007 AT 8:21 PM
Test the thermostat and for the check engine light you need to have the OBD2 read out at autozone and comeback with the code/s.
Tuesday, December 25th, 2007 AT 8:22 PM