1998 FORD F150 NO FUEL

• john38col
  • 1998 Ford F-150

1998 Ford F150 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 94500 miles

My truck has acted like it was vapor locked several times in the past, and a few hours later it would start. I went to start it the other day, and it wouldn't start. I waited a while, and it still won't start. Any suggestions?

Sunday, September 6th, 2009 AT 2:54 PM

• rasmataz

No start do below:

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Sunday, September 6th, 2009 AT 3:33 PM